Do you rebel against the status quo? Does wearing a tie conjure images of a high-noon hanging? Do you view highway billboards, magazine ads, or other print materials and silently criticize their choice of fonts or stock images?
If so, you may have just found your new home. We’re adopting a new family member and we’d love to learn all the masterpieces lurking inside your head.
Yup…you’ve found a company as unique as you are.
You must work out of our headquarters in Stockton, CA.
You’ll work collaboratively with the Project Manager and Creative Director while determining the best way to represent a concept visually through the selection of colors, images, text style and layout using Adobe Creative Suite, crayons, cardboard cutouts…whatever it takes to get the job done.
Though traditional juggling is not required (but we would totally watch you if you can), you are expected to handle simultaneous projects in any given week and should be prepared to tackle the following types of tasks:
Booklets, Catalogs and Flyers: Design/layout tri-fold brochures, multi-page catalogs or flyers using provided text. You will be required to search for appropriate stock photos, follow or create a color scheme, setup content sections, create proofs for client feedback, and finalize print-ready documents for commercial printing.
Website Artwork: Create various graphic assets for client websites. This may include utilizing (and manipulating) stock images, or client provided photos. Some tasks may require artwork being designed from scratch to create info-graphics, website banners, slider images and more.
Website Mock-ups: Design professional-looking website wire-frames and mock-ups that will be shared with the client before being passed to the development team (html/css knowledge not necessary but a huge plus!)
PowerPoint Presentations: Designer will create PowerPoint presentation slides or modify existing PowerPoint presentation with images and/or text.
- Personable, approachable and good sense of humor
- Detail-driven, innovative thinker
- Demonstrable design skills and a strong portfolio
- Must be able to name at least 3 characters from Star Wars, Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter
- Ability to interact with team members and follow direction
- Good communication skills to present ideas
- Superb time-management skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to evolve/adapt to changing workflow and task protocols
- Excellent habits with digital asset organization/management
- Must not have an aversion to 80s music
- Ability to take creative direction
- 3 years minimum experience as professional graphic designer
- Formal design education a plus
- Ninja-like skills in latest software:
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
No Portfolio? We’ll “Draw” Our Own Conclusion
You MUST submit a portfolio of your work to be considered for the position. Sorry…no exceptions.
CLICK TO APPLY